Russ is skilled in garnering the acceptance and buy-in necessary to move high-level projects towards successful completion. Clients appreciate his ability to clearly communicate the ways in which acoustic solutions will be beneficial to their projects.
With Jaffe Holden Since 1990 – In The Industry Since 1981
Russ serves as president and lead acoustic designer at Jaffe Holden. With more than 30 years of industry experience to draw from, Russ has the leadership skills to ensure that his teams deliver the highest quality deliverables on schedule and within budget. He communicates effectively with all members of a project team and believes that close collaboration is very important to a project’s success. Russ is active in the Acoustical Society of America and United States Institute for Theatre Technology. He served as a member of the jury for the 2016 USITT Architecture Awards showcasing excellence in the design of theatre projects, entertainment design and technology.
Russ earned a Bachelor of Science degree in acoustics and music from the University of Hartford in conjunction with the Hartt School of Music. As the principal timpanist with the Norwalk Symphony Orchestra, Russ has years of experience analyzing the challenges of onstage hearing. His ability to listen as a musician and acoustician gives him a unique awareness that he uses as a consultant to benefit audiences and performers. He is a member of the Acoustical Society of America and National Council of Acoustical Consultants.
A list of his project work includes the following:
- David H. Koch Theater, Lincoln Center for the Performing Arts, New York, NY
- Brock University, St. Catharines, Ontario, Canada
- Saint Catharines Performing Arts Centre, St. Catherines, Ontario, Canada
- Marion Oliver McCaw Hall, Seattle, WA
- James Madison University, Forbes Center, Harrisonburg, VA
- Purdue University, Yue-Kong Pao Hall, West Lafayette, IN
- University of Hartford, The Handel Performing Arts Center, Hartford, CT
- Globe News Center for the Performing Arts, Amarillo, TX
- Kennedy Center Eisenhower Theater, Washington, DC
- Kennedy Center Terrace Theater, Washington, DC
- Southern Kentucky Performing Arts Center, Bowling Green, KY
- Zankel Hall, Carnegie Hall, New York, NY
- Tokyo International Forum, Tokyo, Japan
- Western Connecticut State University Visual and Performing Arts Center, Danbury, CT
- Vukovich Center for the Communication Arts, Allegheny College, Meadville, PA